trust issues : [DNS] The .pro name space.

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire§progsoc.uts.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:33:38 +1000
Hi James,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:18:27PM +1000, jamesguy wrote:
> The demand would be significant and could be applied to doctors,
> professionals, where the transfer of confidential information is a
> requirement.  The issuing of certificates and the like would need to
> take place with local verification.  It seems to me that it would
> promote the use of the internet for the transfer of this information.
> While there are curently methods available to enable enhanced security
> it is not widely used.  The US iniative is aimed at addressing this
> issue and although I am not sure of origins I would expect that the
> iniative was not driven by an individual submission.

NOIE have a project aimed at doing this - you may find it more
appropriate to pursue these kinds of things with them.

[snip - excessive non legally binding email signature]

If you going to put in a disclaimer please use an email program which
allows you to disable it when sending to public forums.

Thanks,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never