Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Richard Archer <rha§juggernaut.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:00:38 +1000
At 10:22 +1000 24/6/03, Lucian Daniel Kafka wrote:

>Although I don't necessarily agree with the fee, this does insure that the
>competition is more of a serious nature. You don't want to really have a
>lot of competing registrars that do a dozen domains per month - they become
>more of a liability to the industry.

How so?

If I set my company up as a registrar to streamline my internal
domain name management procedures, how do I become a liability
to the industry?

By the same token you could argue that a reseller is a liability
unless they renew 6 domains per month. Or that a registrant is a
liability unless they have 4 domains. :)

 ...R.