RE: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: John Thomson <john§hep10.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:30:57 +1000
I doubt there is enough profit in just domain registration for any
registrar. The volumes required to fund that as a solitary business would be
substantial. Intaserve have never approached any client of mine and on one
occasion when we had some technical issues one of their support staff rang
my client directly as my technical person. They did that with my knowledge
and the client didn't know they were from Intaserve. Complex dns issue
resolved and no headache for me. Smart registrars know they have a lot to
lose even appearing to try and steal resellers clients.

John