Re: [DNS] auDA media release + more

From: Lucian Daniel Kafka <luci§conexim.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:03:43 +1000
What I would really like to see, and I hope it's all going this way, is the
allowance for the domain keys to be sent to the resellers like in the gTLD
space.

The idea behind making it compulsory for the key to be sent directly to the
registrant has not really achieved much in terms of protecting the
registrant, but instead has restricted the potential growth of the AU
reselling space.

The genuine resellers can be bound by agreements to make sure the
registrant gets a copy of the key, which can be retrieved in any case
directly from auda. The people wanting to scam the system can do so with or
without the current imposed limitation.

Kind regards,

Lucian Kafka
www.conexim.com.au