Re: [DNS] Spam from auda address

From: David Keegel <djk§cybersource.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:39:49 +1000 (EST)
] At 05:02 PM 19/06/2003 +1000, you wrote:
] >I can see from the Received headers that it didn't come from auDA
] >(or anywhere near auDA).  The spam had a forged From: address.
]
] The email was only forwarded in case auda wants to take action against the
] spammers. I know it wasn't sent from there. I didn't mean to forward the
] body though...

(1) If you want auda to do something, then contact auda, dont send
a message to a discussion list.  I'm sure this has been said before,
but apparently it needs repeating from time to time.

(2) auda already knows that a spammer has been sending spam with
forged ...&#167;auda.org.au From addresses via open proxies.  I'm not
sure what can be done to stop such spam apart from closing all the
open proxies in the world (and good luck to FTC & ACCC with that).

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cybersource.com.au>  http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
 Cybersource P/L: Linux/Unix Systems Administration Consulting/Contracting