Re: [DNS] auDA media release

From: Steven Ebsary <steven§enuff.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:34:28 +0800
> Can auDA confirm that it is ok to do transfers if the registrant has
> aggreed via a T&C aggreement which states that the reseller can transfer
> the registrants domain name to a registrar of the resellars choice at any
> time without the registrants explicit concent.
>
> I would think that a "signed" aggreement between the resellar and the
> registrant defining the reseller as the managment authority for the domain
> would be an appropriate measure. Maybe auDA can sanction some sort of
> process by which a resellar can have "Managment" authority over registrants
> domain names if the registrant aggress at the point of domain regiatration
> or after via a eform / fax / or hard copy of authorisation.

I'd have to say I would like to see something in the policy's regarding giving
resellers rights to do this.

How many registrants actually want to deal with 2 or more different companies
when it comes to their domain name? If they want to sign a document giving a
reseller permission to control thier domain, shouldnt they be able to?

Fact is, if registrants want to control their own domains, they can, but most
companies will charge higher for this, because it wastes more of their technical
staff's time. As I've said before, resellers want to be just that, reselling
services that can be quickly and easily added/changed/moved.

my 2 cents

--
Regards,

Steven Ebsary