RE: [DNS] web.id.au

From: Mark Hughes <effectivebusiness§applications.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:44:20 +1000
> His web site suggests flowers.web.id.au, computers.web.id.au,
> sydney.web.id.au, design.web.id.au,e, dvds.web.id.au, etc.

Geez, what a non-event.  The demand from Registrants for fourth level
domains is about zilch.

Even 'newbies' inherently know that:

   foobar.com is the simplest
   foobar.com.au is second best in simplicity (but some of them may prefer
it because it puts emphasis on an 'aussie' element)
   foobar.anythingelse.com.au is a joke

If there was actually user demand for 4LDs in the .au namespace, then it
would be happening already under com.au.

I think we can add this offer from the web.id.au Registrant to the list of
"people demonstrating in public their poor understanding of what the market
actually wants".

Regards, Mark

Mark Hughes
Effective Business Applications Pty Ltd
+61 4 1374 3959
www.pplications.com.au
effectivebusiness&#167;applications.com.au