RE: [DNS] web.id.au

From: Leefe Hicks <wyvern§tengutech.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:13:51 +1000
The following does not say that it can't be used for commercial use,
which selling sub-domains would probably count as, but it was my
understanding that 'id.au' domain was for personal use only (that is
what it appeared to be billed as anyway).

Leefe.

<http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-07.txt>
--
SCHEDULE D

ELIGIBILITY AND ALLOCATION RULES FOR ID.AU

The id.au 2LD is for individuals.

The following rules are to be read in conjunction with the
Eligibility and Allocation Rules for All Open
2LDs, contained in Schedule A of this document.

1. To be eligible for a domain name in the id.au 2LD, registrants must be:

a) an Australian citizen; or

b) an Australian resident.

2. Domain names in the id.au 2LD must:

a) exactly match the registrant's personal name(2); or

b) be an acronym or abbreviation of the registrant's personal name; or

c) be otherwise closely and substantially connected to the
registrant, because the domain name:
(i) is derived from one or more words of the registrant's personal name; or
(ii) includes one or more words of the registrant's personal name.