transfer .com

From: <webdesign§virtualvisions.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:03:44 +0930
Hi,

Can anyone help me with information here ... (and I apologise, as I
sent this email yesterday from a diffferent dialup account and the
reply address was incorrect).

Anyway, I thought I transfered/renewed a .com domain name the 13/14th
of last month.

However, I just now got notification that it is due for renewal.  So,
apparently, although we went through the whole process of transferring
a month ago and it saying it was successful ... it appears it wasn't in
the end.

I was just about to embark on the whole process again, but have been
told if it expires in less than 30 days I can no longer transfer it.

(Also since I've come across information that says 7 days.)

Which is correct?  I'm trying to find up-to-date information on the
rules regarding .com's which I know is different from .com.au's.

The domain expires on the 28th of April.

Thanks for any help, Sandra