RE: [DNS] MelbIT lose $5M + Aussie ICANN CEO?

From: Glenn Powell <Glenno§Glenno.Com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:57:43 +1000
I think these two quotes would worry me if I was a Melb IT shareholder
and trying to make a decent return on investment.

1)
"The Melbourne IT chief executive, who was appointed last November, said
the market basically valued the company at its cash balance of $14.7
million.

"The market price of the company is about 31¢, 32¢ which basically
values the company at cash. It doesn't put any value on the total [2.1
million] names under management," he said."

2)
"Mr Hnarakis would not confirm what the company's domestic market share
in domain names had fallen to - saying the company had changed its
reporting structure. He did confirm it had lost "a lot of market
share"."

I also saw another report stating that analysts were wary of Melbourne
IT due to them not having provided any adequate forecast of future
earnings.

Cheers,

Glenn.