Re: [DNS] Consumer Alert

From: Nicholas Bolton <nick§bottledomains.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:05:36 +1100
Vic,

"what about your responsiblity to the misguided registrants whose
transfers you are profiting from?"

Bottle Domains ensures that all 'transfers in' from other registrars
are done so in accordance with auDA guidelines.  i.e. the Registrant
receives an email from Bottle Domains requesting authorisation to
transfer.  This will clearly state the terms and conditions for
transfer.  auDA policy is developed such that a registrant should not
be misled in this circumstance.

"What action will you be taking to prevent uregister from "temporarily"
modifying registrant details to self-authorise transfers? how many such
self-authorised transfers have taken place?"

Are you talking about transfers into or out of Bottle Domains?
Obviously we have no control over other registrars, and how they
administer their domain name contacts, (unless of course we offered
'virtual registrar services' like yourself).  How are you going to
prevent a customer armed with an Enetica username and password from
modifying Enetica sponsored contacts?  Regardless, we are not aware of
any such transfers taking place.

Nick