Re: [DNS] This can't be entirely fair can it???

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:49:49 +1100
it might seem that way, but auda said this yesterday

>auDA is releasing approximately 54 generic names that have become available
>mainly through payment defaults. The names will be taken off the reserved
>list and will become available for registration tomorrow at noon AEDT.
>Please contact your registrar to enquire about these names.

registrars were given a list yesterday afternoon and should have informed there clients
and or resellers about the list. enetica took no orders for this domain to avoid any conflict
of interest.

its not like the public had no knowledge about this, its sounds more like a couple of registrars didnt want
or werent able to take advantage of the opportunity given the limited time.

registrars are allowed to register names for there own use. I dont know how many other registrars
tried for the name but on the day eneticas system was fastest.

enetica has already had a couple of offers for the name and the domain is not for sale.

Vic