RE: [DNS] international domain news

From: Jarrod Hollingworth <jarrod§backslash.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:37:03 +1100
On another international note:

Does anyone know when the new International Domain Name (IDN) system will
come into place, allowing domain names to be registered in foreign languages
(such as Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese) by encoding them?

I know that many international domain names have already been registered but
the encoding method was not finalised and therefore these names may have to
be re-registered once the final encoding method is decided. I'd like to know
when it goes live and I haven't been able to find out.

Thanks,
Jarrod Hollingworth