clientUpdateProhibited

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:16:54 +1000
Hello All,

The status variable "clientUpdateProhibited" is a settable variable by the
registrar of record.  It may be used to implement some registrar specific
function - for example it might indicate to a registrar that a client has
requested special procedures to update the domain.  I don't think there is
anything inherently inappropriate in a registrar setting this variable.  It
does not stop a transfer.

In terms of a transfer, my understanding of the protocol is that the new
registrar after a transfer would then be the "client", and could remove that
status.  It is another matter altogether whether that registrar has the
technical capability to do so.  Software code could be written for the
Registry to ensure that that particular status variable is reset
automatically after a transfer.

Regards,
Bruce