RE: [DNS] Notification of DNS name server changes

From: CEInternet HelpDesk <helpdesk§ceinternet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:20:27 +1000
Hello,

It has been my experience also that most clients have little idea of the
difference between registration, delegation, hosting etc.
I believe I have a responsibility to clients, not only to ensure their
domain is maintained correctly, but to protect them against making
uniformed decisions that will adversely affect their business.

We have in the past had several experiences where our clients have been
mislead by webhosting representatives who don't seem to realise that DNS is
not just about websites.

This is exactly why redelegation notifications were so important to us in
the past, and need to be seriously considered in the near future.

Regards
Shane Clayworth

CEInternet Helpdesk
http://helpdesk.ceinternet.com.au