Re: [DNS] auDA email

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:17:42 +0800
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002, Richard Archer wrote:
> At 14:44 +1000 11/9/02, Chris Disspain wrote:
>
> >Apologies. The multiple email problem should be solved now.
>
> Excellent.
>
> And what are auDA doing to prevent such cowboys undertaking
> another mailout which necessitates yet ANOTHER consumer alert?
>
> The amount of deceptive, illegal, immoral and unscrupulous antics
> going on within the realm of the .AU domain at present beggars
> belief. Why are auDA as managers of this domain not acting
> deliberately and forcefully to stamp out this nonsense?
>
> Releasing "consumer alerts" which in fact degrade the image of
> the .AU domain even further just doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

If a company pops up that is simply retailing domain names from someone,
who/what can AuDA actually _do_ about it?

I keep asking this question, and noone seems to answer it.
I'm all ears for a solution (or, preferred, a set of solutions)
but besides using the existing channels (Fair Trade, ACCC) I'm
quite stumped.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"<WeBGrrL> i WAS a lesbian.....but now i love everyone :P"
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>