Re: [DNS] wonder why the list went quiet...

From: Craig Ringer <craig§postnewspapers.com.au>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:15:24 +0800
bw wrote:
>>Hopefully this provides an explanation for those who have neither the
>>wit nor the ethics to check publicly available information prior to
>>making derogatory comments.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Chris Disspain
>>CEO - auDA
>

> Is insulting people a CEO thing or a Lawyer thing?

Hmmm.... probably a thing confined to people fed up with amazing amounts
of petty and stupid behavior on a list theoretically dedicated to useful
and constructive discussion.

I've been monitoring this list pretty much since it started and - sorry
- it probably needs to be moderated or canned. I was really interested
in what AuDa was getting up to, but this list - the only really
publically accessable way of following what AuDa and the Australian DNS
sytem is up to - is proving more trouble than its worth. It seems to me
that the signal/noise ratio is _way_ out - to almost Slashdot levels.

Sorry about the flame... but I'm fed up. I was hoping this list would be
something constructive.

<unsubscribes>

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)