RE: [DNS] .org.au availability for commercial use

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:34:47 +1000
The ".org.au" requirements are:
1. To be eligible in the org.au 2LD, registrants must be:

a) a charity operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant's
constitution or other documents of
incorporation; or

b) a non-profit organisation operating in Australia, as defined in the
registrant's constitution or other
documents of incorporation.

It is difficult to tell whether it is non-profit without knowing the
registrant's constitution or other documents of incorporation.

I suspect that this name may have been registered prior to 1 July 2002 from
the look of the WHOIS record, and transferred to Enetica after this date.
In which case the new eligibility rules would not have applied.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin