RE: [DNS] WHOIS lookups

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:09:19 +1000
Adrian,

The budget to which you refer is the transition budget. The education
and media component paid for the series of seminars that auDA ran in
every state (except sadly NT) prior to go-live as well as the production
of the hard copy explanatory brochure (see
http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-overview.pdf) and various PR and media
costs to get as much press as possible.

Into the future we also have an education and media budget and are
presently strategising the various methods of educating the public. For
example, should we run a series of early general news press ads in the
major papers or is that too scatter gun? Should we undertake a hard copy
mail out to every domain name holder providing them with relevant
information (given that any time we email the database we are accused of
spamming it seems inappropriate to use email) and so on.

We were encouraged by the feedback from the seminars we ran prior to
go-live and intend to continue those in some form over the next 12
months.

Once we have made so more concrete decisions we will, as always publish
let our members and the announcements list know.

Regards.

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA
ceo&#167;auda.org.au