Fwd: Notice: To Protect Your Online Identity, We Offer a High Security Feature Free to Our Customers Account # <- N-BTQK9 ->

From: OzNet Hosting <waleed.salhien§telstra.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:51:08 +1000
hi,

can someone please tell me whether the below email i received is
legally correct or not as i feel it is just a scam to force customers
to pay extra money to renew there domain names.

please provide your feedback.

Regards.

attached mail follows:

Namescout.com High Security Features
Notice: To Protect Your Online Identity, We Offer a High Security Feature Free to Our Customers

Dear Valued Customer:

In an effort to protect your online identities, Namescout.com provides a free High Security feature. We are offering this service at no additional charge in response to customer requests for protection against inadvertent and/or malicious deletion of domain names. The High Security feature protects you in two important ways - Registrar Lock and Automatic Renewal.

Registrar Lock - To protect against malicious transfers of your domain name, we will not allow your domain names to be transferred out of our system and to a third party without your permission. Without the High Security feature, anyone can request a transfer of your domain names to another registrar, possibly without any prior notice to you. With the High Security feature, your domain names will not be transferred without your express consent. Through this feature we can provide you with the highest degree of security and protection available today.

Automatic Renewal - Approximately 95 days prior to the end of your current registration period, we will attempt to automatically renew your domain name for a one-year additional term and charge the most recent credit card on file for the renewal fee. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you detailing the successful renewal transaction.

Please select your domain name security level at this time:

To turn High Security "on", click here.

To turn High Security "off", click here.

After your initial security level selection, you can change the security level on a domain-by-domain basis at any time from your Master Account. For your protection, if you do not select your security level before August 31, 2002, High Security will default to "on" for all of your domain names.

Yours Truly,

Namescout.com Customer Service
service§namescout.com

Please Note: Due to technical limitations of the domain name system even with the High Security feature turned "on", we cannot provide a 100% guarantee that your domain names will not be transferred maliciously. However, with High Security enabled you will have the highest level of security that we offer today.

P.S. Please click here to unsubscribe or to change your contact preferences. Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 00:00:00 UTC