Australian Business Numbers - EOS

From: Cooke, Tony <tony.cooke§deacons.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:51:02 +1000
Registration for GST is registration in the Australian Business Register
under the A New Tax System (Australian Business Numbers) Act.  They are one
and the same thing.

If you earn under $50,000 you do not have to, but can, register for GST (&
get ABN).  If you do, you must charge and pay GST.  If you don't register,
you don't have to charge GST, but can't claim Input Tax Credits either.

Tony Cooke
Senior Associate
Deacons
Level 24