Re: [DNS] New 2LDs

From: Paul Foxworthy <paul§cohsoft.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:35:35 +1000
At 10:42 AM 09/07/2002 +1000, Adam Todd wrote:

>>Catholic Church      catholic.au
>
>I thought org.au catered for this?  Can't they just use cath.org.au and
>create sub domains for each other catholic organisation?  It's shorter
>than catholic,.org.au and last time I checked, religious denominations
>didn't get special listings in the Yellow pages.

There is already a catholic.org.au, but it's not being used well. Some, but
not all, dioceses (bishop's regional area) use the name. Parishes aren't
using it. Some register their own org.au name, some are using tilde
accounts with whatever ISP. I assume the owner of catholic.org.au (from
memory, the Bishop's Conference) doesn't know how to delegate subdomains.

Schools seem better organised, using catholic.edu.au.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

---- Coherent Software ------------- http://www.cohsoft.com.au/ ----
For interactive Web sites, databases, software, animation
Aust. Family History Compendium at http://www.cohsoft.com.au/afhc/