Re: [DNS] New 2LDs

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:31:55 +0800
On Tue, Jul 09, 2002, Michael-Pappas wrote:
> others will always see the threat no matter what you say.
> I believe that this would give a definite intermediate option for most of
> the small and medium business to feel secure in this new world of business
> that they have just stepped into.
> > Then perhaps registrars and resellers should increase their efforts to
> > educate people that gTLDs and ccTLDs are *not* connected.
>
> The above should read.
>
> The auDA, registry, registrars, resellers and registrants should increase
> their efforts to educate people in the ways that gTLDs and ccTLDs *are*
> and are *not* connected.
> There are arguments for both depending on situation.

.. or, you know, you could wait to see whether AuDA makes good on its
statement/budget (ISTR somewhere mentioned a budgeted amount) for
end-user education of the Australian domain name space/system/whatever.

You know, because having those 3LDs just so people can feel "comfortable"
about being scared by media/spam/resellers/whatever into "securing their
internet identity" is so much easier ..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"But a slightly more realistic way to define
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>	  intelligence would be the ability to transmit