Re: [DNS] New 2LDs

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:40:37 +1000 (EST)
> .. why create new domain names if people will simply register their
> name in that space?
>
> If .biz.au has the same rules as .com.au, why bother having it at all?
> To me, its only use would be revenue-generation.

That's a fair enough view, I can also see that it could have the opposite
affect. It can actually work both ways... some will feel the need for them
all... they do now so that won't change.
At the moment they get .com, .net, .com.au, .net.au, .info & .biz.

With the correlation domains they an affectively protect and market safely
on only two.
.info & .info.au actually reducing cost.

People will not feel forced to purchase all names..

Regards,

Michael-Pappas