RE: [DNS] Fwd: Melbourne IT Ltd. | CONSUMER WARNING - Affecting your .com.au Domain Name

From: Mark Hughes <effectivebusiness§pplications.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:46:08 +1000
> > http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca2001172/s203d.html
> Don't know your Corporations law huh?

No, I'm pleased to say I don't know my Corporations Law - and hope I never
do.

But apparently you don't either.

> The Directors can initiate the process.
> The Law is written to enable that.

The part of the corporations law you referred to above enables members to
remove directors.  It says nothing about enabling directors to remove other
directors.

Its possible that you might find that a bit less time honing your
moviemaking skills and bit more time brushing up your English comprehension
skills to be advantageous.

Its clear that the auDA constitution and the Corporations Law enables
members to initiate an action to remove a director.  If people aren't happy
with the conduct of an auDA director, they can become a member and either
vote for someone else at the next election, or initiate a process to remove
a director.  Or both.

Regards, Mark

Mark Hughes
Effective Business Applications Pty Ltd
effectivebusiness&#167;pplications.com.au
www.pplications.com.au
+61 4 1374 3959

Again, a CURE process.  A costly legal process where the winner is the one
with the deepest pockets, or the first to call for surety under the Court's
rules.

LEGAL is for the rich, not for the disadvantaged.  Legal action is to
establish law, we do NOT have a system of JUSTICE in Australia, we have a
system of LAW.

People always think that COURTS are for justice.  WRONG.

>But it's much harder for auDA or AusRegistry to claim they've been
>disadvantaged, as those two entities loose no business / revenue due to the
>existence of www.auregistry.net.au.

Ahhh, so what you are now saying is that to auDA and Ausregistry, it
doesn't matter whether a consumer is mislead to make a purchase because at
the end of the day, the monopoly position of auDA and Ausregistry sees the
transaction.

So in other words, auDA and Ausregistry have conspired to price fix and
control the sale and distribution of a product from the source of
manufacture.

Ouch!

Want to try another line of argument, before I try and encourage all those
not happy with auDA and Ausregistry to seek LEGAL resolution.  (I stress
TRY because trying to gather public and industry support beyond joining a
mail list is normally a waste of time.)

> > Clearly auDA wasn't "fast enough" to BUY the names in ALL the name
spaces
> > it needed as it's own policies and politics demands.
>
>auDA sensibly didn't try to buy the all the versions of auDA or AUNIC in
all
>the .au namespace.  There's no benefit to auDA in doing so.  Registering
>every version of a domain name is a real 'loser's' strategy - but favourite
>of those with a flawed understanding of the realities of domain name
>dynamics.

However, auDA allowing others to register versions is in fact agreeing to
allow them to mislead the consumer.

Innit it odd.