RE: [DNS] Auction Details "internet.com.au"

From: Phil Wright <newsstuff§network.au.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:01:05 +1000
Sounds less than satisfactory!

Phil Wright

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Johnston [mailto:ian.johnston&#167;infobrokers.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2002 1:54 AM
To: dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
Subject: RE: [DNS] Auction Details "internet.com.au"

I'm surprised by your comment about "31 minutes lapse between accepted
bids", if it relates to the 10 minute rule.  My (recent) experience
was that bids closed within seconds of official closing time.

In my experience it's not wise to rely upon emails from the auctions
system for advice about of higher bidders (there seemed to be
delayed).  Towards the end of the auction, having more than one
browser window open and refreshing every 15 to 30 seconds was a far
more reliable way of find out about higher bids than the emails sent.

Ian Johnston