"Business as usual for ING" - according to ING

From: Rowe, Joshua <Joshua.Rowe§auspost.com.au>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:43:44 +1000
I'm looking forward to the ACCC's media release (response).

Josh
--
* any views are my own

MEDIA RELEASE

BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR ING

(Melbourne, Australia - 6 May, 2002) Internet Name Group (ING) is pleased to
report that it has provided interim undertakings to the Federal Court and
the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) regarding its
marketing practices following the ACCC+s application for interlocutory
orders from the Federal Court. ING is hopeful that a speedy final resolution
will be reached between the ACCC and ING.

"Since mid-2001 we have been working with the ACCC to ensure that the way we
provide and market our services is in line with their requirements," said
ING Director Mark Spektor.

"We kept the ACCC up to date with all changes in our marketing practices and
sent all required amendments through on 31 October last year believing we
had resolved all issues.

"The recent legal action initiated by the ACCC came as a total surprise. We
had not heard from them for six months and understood they were satisfied
with our addressing of these issues.

"Many of the complaints on which the allegations are based are not current
as they referred to old marketing practices which were amended last year. We
would therefore like to reassure the marketplace that we continue to carry
on our business at our usual high standard while these issues are being
resolved.

"However, we have taken this matter very seriously and will continue to work
closely with the ACCC to ensure that our current and future practices meet
their requirements," he continued.

Mr Spektor anticipates that all issues with the ACCC will be resolved. Once
the issues are resolved, ING is confident that auDA will reinstate the
company as a provisionally accredited registrar of .com.au domain names. In
March 2002 at the request of auDA, ING became a signatory to the Interim
Code of Conduct which protects consumers. This was prior to the ACCC
application.

ING was established in 1999 and is one of Australia's largest suppliers of
Internet names and related services. The company aims to be innovative and
pro-active and the first to market new domain name products and services in
Australia.

ENDS.

--

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service. If we can assist you in any way please either telephone 13 13 18 or visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original e-mail.