RE: [DNS] auDA transfers and WHOIS policies

From: Mark Hughes <effectivebusiness§pplications.com.au>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:57:25 +1000
A question of clarification regarding the Whois policy....

Schedule A of the Whois policy says the domain name 'Status' field will be
visible, and gives the following field description :

Status of the domain name (eg. ok, pending transfer, pending delete)

Could someone who knows the answer clarify for me whether 'pending transfer'
refers to 'transfer of the domain name between Registrants', 'transfer of
domain name between Registrar of Record', or transfer of something else?

And what does 'pending delete' mean?  It implies that a decision has been
made by some entity (the Registry or some other?) to delete the domain name,
but the deletion hasn't actually been done in the Registry yet.  Could
someone clarify the exact circumstances that result in a domain name having
a status 'pending delete' in the Registry?

Great to see progress on all these issues - but I reckon its funny to see so
much happening in the .au namespace that people are calling for caution on
things (like new 2LDs).  Because I remember only too well the times when all
the complaints were that everything was going far too slowly and nothing was
happening.  Now I'm struggling to keep up!

Regards, Mark

Mark Hughes
Effective Business Applications Pty Ltd
effectivebusiness&#167;pplications.com.au
www.pplications.com.au
+61 4 1374 3959