RE: [DNS] Transfer of Registrar of Record

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:48:20 +0100
Bruce

I still think you're stretching analogies here somewhat.

A domain name licence is different from what I understand to be standard
mobile phone contracts in that they don't have the cost of equipment bundled
in.  Many providers may sell domain names as part of a bundle with other
services (hosting etc) however that is not what we're currently discussing.

Software licences and maintenance contracts are also different to domain
name licences.  A domain name is a domain name is a domain name.  Microsoft
Word and Wordperfect (forget who owns it now) are very different products...

rgds
jon