RE: [DNS] RE: auDA to consider new names for .au

From: Ginger Fish <ginger-fish§scifi-art.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:47:16 +1000
The thing is, you'll soon discover that while we're masturbating our brains
trying to find new extensions, people will only want to register .com and
.com.au domain names... sure people register .biz domain names but hardly
use them, i still haven't seen a .bz being used as a business site ( if
anyone can point me to one i'd be grateful ) .. so do you guys really think
a .law.au or .whatever.au is going to make a difference ? it will only make
the name longer and it will take more time to write it or memorize it , now
a .law is different, it's a GTLD that could have a purpose ( not like stupid
.aero or .name ) let's face it, there is very little hope for success with
other 2TLDs ( .sex.au or .gay.au excepted maybe and i am not kidding, we
know THAT can be a success because there's a demand for it) .... .name.au
doesn't sound very sexy and attractive . it would be more interesting to get
something like jon.lawrence.au but ( first in first served ) but then again
that is a stupid idea because the auDA guys will get an internal combustion
trying to manage such a headache ....

Anyway, sorry, just my 2c   .....correct me if i'm wrong and if you think i
have stupid ideas !

Ginger