Update on Registry

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:50:49 +1000 (EST)
Silly Silly me.. I just could not get it to post to the list right..

emailed to <ceo&#167;auda.org.au> and supposed to go to list... resend to list
only.

--

Dear Chris,

I was hoping that you will be able to let us all know what is happening
with the registry? Where we are at or think we are at?

We have had nothing since the tender was awarded, which was quite some time
ago.

12 Dec 2001 auDA awards Registry tender to RegistrarsAsia subsidiary
<http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2001121201.html>

No reports have been made as to completion of requirements nor have we seen
any sight of progress by notifying those who patiently wait on open
competition. i.e. those who own .au domains, read the DNS list or those who
check the auDA site out of interest.

As with the new gTLD's, ICANN regularly updates on the status. (or did so
when the registries were being setup and agreements signed)
<http://www.icann.org/tlds/>
For each domain space the status is updated according to when they are
finished, reguralary and openly, which is not what we are seeing with
the .au registry.

As with other processes of this nature will the tender and agreements be
viewable to the public as with the new gTLD's?
<http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/biz/>

In a previous email you said that an update was coming. Do we have a time
frame on this?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Michael-Pappas.