Re: [DNS] DNS List

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:03:03 +0800
Quoting Michael-Pappas on Friday March 22, 2002:

| [.. legal liability ..]
|
| I know of no other lists that potentally have this problem.

I would have thought every list potentially has this problem. To
my understanding, publishing on the Internet, libel etc. is still
a largely untested area.

Look at http://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/defamation.html

| The service that you are providing is a community
| nessicaty and should be under your watch, otherwise no one from auDA would
| have to be a member and it would make all this a lot harder.

No-one from auDA has to be a member of this list either, but I think
most board members and staff are just because it is a useful insight.

kim