RE: [DNS] Provisionally Accredited Registrars and Interim Code of Practice

From: Neale Banks <neale§lowendale.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:21:24 +1100 (EST)
Chris,

> Um, sorry but I can't see the relevance of the point.

Well IANAL, but it reads to me like the Provisionally Accredited
Registrars don't actually have to *agree* to abide by the Code of Practice
(but are required to follow it (without haveing necessarily agreed to do
so) if they " wish to use the fact of their Provisional Accreditation in
their promotional material").

That struck me as, er, "odd".

> However, FYI, auDA
> has today written to the provisionally accredited registrars requesting
> confirmation that they will abide by the Code or confirmation that they
> will not use their provisional accreditation in their promotional
> material.

Fair enough - I suspect that's where most of us thought you were going
with this one.

Regards,
Neale.