RE: [DNS] INTERNET NAME GROUP - UNSOLICITED RENEWAL NOTICE REQUESTS REGISTR Y KEY

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:09:36 +1100 (EST)
Yes we are talking about the scammers. And to me Melb IT is definattly not
one of them.

I think that we are confusing a few things here...

 - Competition between resellers is what we are looking at.

 - The policy pannel is dealing with registrar competition. When the time
comes we will all be able to read and comment on what they produce.

 - In the current situation resellers of Melb IT are Slamming customers
with renewal notices that trick registrant into paying for a service that
they do not need. THE SCAM. Not Melb IT them selves.

 - If a reseller fails to renew the domain name for their clients then the
domain name goes back to Melb IT and they contact the custmore. This
happens 28 days before expire.

 - What would the registrar who is facilitating the competition at the
present situation flaunt the use of this information.. It's just not
happening.

- And I definattly do not think that deceptive practices make it a fair
playing field. If you have dealt with me or Click'nGo! at all you would
know different. Not really sure how you got that conclusion.

Michael-Pappas.