Internet Registrations Australia

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:50:23 +1100
Below is the text of an email being sent out by the above company. It is
self explanatory. I have no issue with IRA sending this out to their own
customers or to someone who has contacted them to renew a name. However,
I have information that they are being sent, unsolicited, to domain name
registrants and that is a major concern.

Would those on the list who are re-sellers please endeavour to ascertain
whether any of their clients have received such an email UNSOLICITED. If
so, please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Chris Disspain

CEO - auDA

ceo&#167;auda.org.au

www.auda.org.au

> PRIORITY

> We have recently received a renewal for your domain. Please be aware
that it

> is essential to supply the registry key in order for us to process the

> renewal, otherwise it may result in your domain expiring and becoming

> available to others.

> A registry key is similar to a pin number, you would have received
this when

> you first registered your domain name. It will be in the following
format

> yourdomain.com.au|xxxx with the x=B9s replaced by numbers. The
registry key

> should be in your original records.

> If you have the registry key already please forward it to this email
address

> (jess.marx&#167;registrations.com.au) so that we can process your renewal
as

> quickly as possible. If you do not have the key please follow these

> instructions so that the key can be re-issued.

> Upon  registration of the domain name the  administrative contact was
XXXX

> XXXXXX. If this person still works for the company Please fill in
section1

> only of the form in their name. If this person is no longer working
for the

> company please fill in section 2 only in the directors name.  This
form can be

> found at the following link

> http://www.inww.com/content/comau-regkey-recovery.pdf .

>         Note: If completing section 2 on the authorisation form you
MUST

> include a signed request by one of the principles on your organisation

> letterhead for the re-issue of the registry key.

> When the registry key is then re-issued it will be emailed through to
the

> provided email address. Once received, please forward it to

> jess.marx&#167;registrations.com.au so we can put through your renewal as
promptly

> as possible.

> If you have any further enquiries please don=B9t hesitate to contact
me on

1800