Re: [DNS] Now I am ANGRY

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:51:00 +0800
Quoting Dave Hooper on Monday March 04, 2002:

| At what point do you make a decision to remove somebody? On what basis is
| this decision made? If there is indeed a mechanism to remove people from
| this list for making comments which others find annoying or unconstructive,
| can we at least know what the ground rules are?

I'm not going to remove someone for making occassional offtopic/annoying
remarks. I'm sure everyone has made comments on mailing lists that
were pointless in the past. Sometimes they are an amusing distraction,
and sometimes - as you say - they are the catalyst for something more
meaningful.

What I object to is people who dominate proceedings with continual
nonsense.

Only two people have been banned from this list. Indeed those two
people are the reason this list was created, as the person that ran the
old dns&#167;intiaa.asn.au list would not ban them. They have served their
penance and at least one is now lurking on this list again.

Happy to discuss a better way to do it offlist. We should leave this
list for DNS discussion, not list administrivia.

kim