moderator

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:30:53 +1100 (EST)
George Fong wrote:
] Is there a moderator for this list?

There is (I'll let him speak for himself).

But I think a more effective long-term strategy than moderation
is just to completely ignore idiots (if everyone does it).

If all the subscribers to this list realised that every response
to an idiot is a golden opportunity for the idiot to have another
say, and resisted the temptation to say "you're an idiot" or "who
are you?" and instead refused to respond to empty vessels, then
perhaps this list would be less full of long threads involving
idiots.

Everyone is free to have their own definition of idiot.
Personally mine is something like a person who sends mindless
and repetitive messages without proposing solutions or giving
enough details of alleged problems so that people with brains
can analyse them.

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management