Re: [DNS] Geographical Names

From: Nick Andrew <lists-dns§nick-andrew.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:34:47 +1100
On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 11:23:11AM +0800, Damian Meyer wrote:
> Speed is also a town in Victoris according to the National Gazetteer.

I wonder what happens when somebody names a new suburb, and find that it
conflicts with an already-registered com.au domain? Or is there feedback
to ensure that can never happen? The mind boggles.

Bring on the geographic 2LDs and we may be able to have another auction
to release us from all this mindboggling silliness in com.au.

Nick.