Evidence for search engines looking at keywords in domain names?

From: Paul Foxworthy <paul§cohsoft.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:42:00 +1100
At 04:08 PM 16/01/2002 +0800, Richard Keeves wrote:
>Actually, many search engines do give extra rating to websites whose domain
>also matches the word being searched for.   As such, generic domain names
>can make up a valuable part of a marketing strategy.

Like Saliya, I'd like evidence of this. I've just had a quick look at
Search Engine Watch at
http://www.searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/rank.html and it makes no
mention of keywords in domain names.

Now, you wouldn't be thinking of the <TITLE> tag would you?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

---- Coherent Software ------------- http://www.cohsoft.com.au/ ----
For interactive Web sites, databases, software, animation
Aust. Family History Compendium at http://www.cohsoft.com.au/afhc/