Re: [DNS] auction question

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:42:52 +0800
Quoting Mark Hughes on Thursday December 20, 2001:
| > I think there is however a value in having memorable domain names that
| > are short, easy to pronounce, with no confusion.
|
| Yeah, like Amazon, Yahoo, or eBay :)

Exactly. I wasn't limiting my point to just generics. Although it is
interesting to note all the above are existing words, or existing words
with an 'e' prefixed to it. I dare say in the .com domain pretty much all
dictionary words and those with 'e', 'i' etc before them would have been
snapped up long ago for that reason. They may not be strictly generics
in the .com.au sense of the word, but they are not invented words either.

kim