Re: [DNS] auction question

From: Katie Halson <katie§bluedoor.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:38:30 +1100
on 20/12/01 2:02 PM, Chris Disspain at ceo&#167;auda.org.au wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Business A would be able to apply under the 'substantial and close
> connection' criterion.

See original enquiry below.

This is an interesting point.

As a web development company I take it under the 'substantial and close
connection' criterion I would be eligible to apply for the following generic
domain names.

developer.com.au
design.com.au
designers.com.au
internets.com.au
web.com.au
web-sites.com.au

etc, etc, etc.

Is this the case? If so, does it not mean that the several thousand web
design/multi-media companies can apply for these domains. It seems like the
big boys who have the money will once again benefit.

Katie Halson
Blue Door Multimedia
http://www.bluedoor.com.au