Does this spam never stop???

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:13:47 +1100
One of my clients has just received a fax from Discount Domain Name
Services, directed to the "Accounts Department" soliciting renewal of a
domain name that's not due until the end of March next year.

My client has never had anything to do with DDNS, I have no idea how they
got my client's name and address, nor do I know how they got the domain
expiry date.  The fax's postscript carries a warning inferring that the name
may become available to their competitors if not renewed today, at the
lowest price.

What irks me most, however, is the footnote: "We Support the AUDA resellers
code of conduct" (sic).

Do we now have the situation in which the Code of Conduct is being cited as
nothing more than a claim to credibility?

Ron Stark
Business Park Pty Ltd
mail: ronstark&#167;businesspark.com.au
tel: +61 (0)3 9592 6895   fax: +61 (0)3 9591 0729
mob: +61 (0)41 812 9922
www.businesspark.com.au