RE: [DNS] The Pending Introduction of .au DN Competition

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:02:00 +1100
Hello Adrian,

> What would make the approval of generic names fair is if
> those names that
> MelbourneIT have approved that should have been declined are
> also put out
> for auction.

To make matters more complicated, many of the "generic" names which were
approved, pre-date Melbourne IT's involvement.

The frustration and confusion that you refer to in regard to generic names,
is why that restriction will be removed in future.

There is no easy solution to make a policy change and be fair to everyone.

I hope you get the name you want, when the restriction is lifted.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin