RE: [Oz-ISP] Macromedia SPAM

From: Glenn Powell <Glenno§Glenno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:55:52 +1000
>>There's nothing worse than an out of date contact database. :-)

And heres another good reason why not to keep it up todate.

I work pretty hard to not give out my email address to anyone unless I
need to. Ive been there before where it's very easy for my inbox to be
on the receiving end of how to get a university diploma SPAM etc.
I have my correct email address listed at AUNIC for a reason. If I
forget to renew my domain name someone will remind me (which is highly
unlikely as every 2nd day I get a reminder fax from someone wanting to
"manage" my domain, but that's another story).

Anyway the point being /dev/null looks like a good email address to set
at Aunic now, its obvious nothing of any substance is ever sent to me
through this address. I can't recall the "click this box to receive
periodic mailing from us" when I signed up for a .com.au

webmaster&#167;domain.com.au has always worked for me.

Id be interested to know from the legal types how the privacy changes on
December 21 would affect this (not being a legal person).

Cheers,

Glenn.
(A very pro Aussie guy who sees more and more reasons to keep on buying
more .com's and not .com.au's.)