RE: [DNS] Macromedia SPAM

From: Harry Hoholis <webmaster§webaccess.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:37:19 +1100
She'll be right mate.

Harry

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Heath [mailto:andrew&#167;bluetongue.com]
Sent: Monday, 10 December 2001 2:34 PM
To: dns&#167;auda.org.au
Subject: [DNS] Macromedia SPAM

What an outrage...

I have just been spammed by Macromedia ADVERTISING cold fusion, and
essentially saying that they need to have ColdFusion registered if it is
being used on a site.

I immediately contacted AUDA, reporting this violation, only to receive an
email from Chris Disspain stating that:

"Macromedia obtained this information with our consent and are therefore not
in breach of our terms and conditions."

I am outraged at this.  I thought that AUNIC data was meant to be protected
from all sorts of advertising, and furthermore, even if this information was
made available should it not have been at the very least announced on the
AUDA news page?

I get enough SPAM from people using old AUNIC database information without
having AUDA directly permit further SPAM...

Outraged!

Andrew Heath
Chief Operations Officer
Blue Tongue Software Pty Ltd

bluetongue®
www.bluetongue.com
Blue Tongue Software
321 Queensberry Street
North Melbourne Vic AU 3051
P: +61 3 9320 8888 F: +61 3 9326 5701
IMPORTANT NOTICE
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this
e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete
this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required,
please request a hard-copy version. Although information has been obtained
from and is based upon sources BTS believes to be reliable, we do not
guarantee its accuracy and it may be incomplete or condensed. All opinions
and estimates constitute judgment as of the date of this email and are
subject to change without notice. This message is for informational purposes
only.