Re: [DNS] .asn.au

From: Support <support§saintspc.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:49:29 +1100
<snip>
>I agree. But hey.. I'd rather they fixed the problem first before
>telling us in depth what the actual problem _was_. At least we got
>an email (from Chris, rather than a west.net representative, but
>thats more than enough for me at least) saying that there were issues,
>and when they were resolved.

Ok I will have to go along with that and Yes now I do have a answer from
west.net.au

<quote>
David,

There was a problem at our end where some domains were
dropped from the DNS. We have been working hard and all
domains are now restored. We apologise for any inconvenience
caused to you and your organisation and are working on
processes which will prevent this kind of problem happening in
the future.

Regards,
Connect West
</quote>

>I'm expecting some form of explanation as to what happened, but more
>out of curiousity's sake. That way, the registry operators (whomever
>they become) can learn from the problems that occured today.

>Its not like .com/.net/.org/.etc don't lose domains periodically
>(or at least have done so quite noticeably in the past..)

Ok I can see that but at least they don't lose the WHOLE .org namespace or
very close to it!

One or 2 domains I could understand! but it appeared to be the whole
namespace!

Anyway it's all back up and 1 of my cust's is changing to a .org name anyway
so well just have to wait and see!

David Uzzell

my 2c,

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd "Auntie Em, Hate you. Hate Kansas.
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>   Taking the dog."