[DNS] ING threatens legal action

From: Rowe, Joshua <Joshua.Rowe§auspost.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:07:35 +1100
ING's lawyer has claimed that:

*	ING is the owner of the copyright subsisting in certain documents
allegedly published by me on the Internet, which concerns ING; and

*	I have infringed ING's copyright in the documents by reproducing
those documents, and communicating them to the public.

Chisholm to represent me.

In the first instance, we do not believe that copyright subsists in those
documents. In our view, the documents cannot properly be classified as
literary or other works as required by the Copyright Act 1968.

Even if copyright is taken to subsist in those documents, and even if I am
taken to have infringed the copyright ING (which I deny), we suggest that an
Australian court will most likely deny copyright protection to ING on public
policy grounds.

Josh

NOTE Any views expressed are my own are not necessarily shared by my
employer

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service.  If we can assist you in any way please either telephone 13 13 18 or visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original e-mail.