Re: [DNS] IRA Trickery getting sneakier?

From: John Simmons <jss§adam.genesis.net.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:47:27 +1100 (EST)

> > I've just received by snail-mail a solicitation from IRA headed:
> >
> > 		"New Internet Directory"
>
> I just received a pile of paper versions of this - one for each of the
> clients domains that I "manage" as part of their web hosting packages.
>
> The wording is very similar but without the links to more details. It
> is an extremely crafty way to get permission from people to OK IRA to
> supply their "domain mangement".  This is buried in an 'incidental' way
> in the text of the option that you select to get your 'free' listing.

Whoops! I just noticed the link.  It is on the ones that I received.

I should have read my spam more carefully!  ;-)

This does not change my opinion that this is a devious and underhand
way of getting people to sign up to their "domain management" scheme.

Regards.

John Simmons                    Phone:  (03) 9754 6479
Director                        Fax:    (03) 9754 6514
Genesis Networks                Email:  jss&#167;genesis.net.au
www.genesis.net.au              Postal: 3 Gully Crescent Belgrave 3160