Re: [DNS] IRA Trickery getting sneakier?

From: John Simmons <jss§adam.genesis.net.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:36:11 +1100 (EST)
> I've just received by snail-mail a solicitation from IRA headed:
>
> 		"New Internet Directory"

I just received a pile of paper versions of this - one for each of the
clients domains that I "manage" as part of their web hosting packages.

The wording is very similar but without the links to more details. It
is an extremely crafty way to get permission from people to OK IRA to
supply their "domain mangement".  This is buried in an 'incidental' way
in the text of the option that you select to get your 'free' listing.

Regards.

John Simmons                    Phone:  (03) 9754 6479
Director                        Fax:    (03) 9754 6514
Genesis Networks                Email:  jss&#167;genesis.net.au
www.genesis.net.au              Postal: 3 Gully Crescent Belgrave 3160