RE: [DNS] Have IRA gone one lie too far?

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:36:34 +1100
Don, you have highlighted another fundamental problem.  The way auDA
currently seems to operate is to place publicly important information (such
as the release of the CoC, comments thereon, consumer alerts) on their
website, is if that somehow absolves them from further action.  However,
this passive form of publicity effectively hides the relevant information
from everything but a dedicated effort at discovery, and only then by
persons who have prior knowledge of its existence.

Not one of my clients to whom I've spoken has ever heard of auDA.  None know
of the website's existence.  So who is accountable, then, for the ignorance
in our marketplace?  More importantly, how can auDA redress it?  Such is one
reason why predators thrive.

In reaction to your suggested model:  As attractive as it is, I believe it
has one inherent weakness - the supposition that whatever authority sets the
parameters has sufficient information / feedback from the coalface to know
what parameters need to be set.  In other words, are we ready for it?

So we're back to where we started to some extent - needing grass roots
consumer input.

Ron Stark